Milk Shader

djwarder

I would look at the PhysicalSSS vop, if you switch it into Physical mode as opposed to Artist. You get access to all the absorption and scattering coefficients which are used in the presets for the VOP. There is one for Milk. I would suggest that would be a good start, but i wouldnt know where to begin if you are writing in vex (cant even find it in the documentation)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No no no !no dear side fx ! this is shouldn't be called "Artist" mode because it simply is not artist friendly.

you dont put an option like that so deeeeep inside! you have to be an artist of the art of Guessing in order to find it...

The presets of the Surface shader should simply give the ability to choose: Milk and boom ! Milk!

Why cant I see the straw?

Can someone help out on how to make a milk shader ?

post-9497-0-36031300-1390592889_thumb.jp

Milk Shader 3.hip

Edited by dpap

Thanks Mangi!

It does fix it! The bad thing is that I would expect to control it from something like the  "Attenuation" parameter somehow. So that it is less opaque neather intersection and more towards the back. Tweacking the  opactiy scale kinda makes it more transparent but in a uniform way...