Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

prashantcgi

Alembic Export Issue In Houdini 13

I'm trying to export a simple scene using alembic ROP output surface driver node in Houdini FX 13.0.198.21

using default setting with a new Format parameter set to Default .

When i open the abc in maya it gives me error saying that

"File is not a valid alembic file"

Format option HDF5 work perfectly fine .

Does anyone else also face the same issue?

I'm attaching a sample hip file.

Alembic_Maya_Export.hip

hi!

the default format on the alembic rop is set to "default" is ogawa (alembic 1.5), make sure you choose hdf5, until maya supports the new version.

Thanks

hi!

the default format on the alembic rop is set to "default" is ogawa (alembic 1.5), make sure you choose hdf5, until maya supports the new version.

Thanks Daniel

You can also convert between ogawa and hdf5 using the Houdini command line app 'abcconvert':

abcconvert -toHDF  myhdf.abc myogawa.abc
abcconvert -toOgawa myogawa.abc myhdf.abc

You can determine which version an Alembic file is with 'abcinfo' (among other useful bits of information). You'll need at least build 220 for these apps.

1 person likes this

You can also convert between ogawa and hdf5 using the Houdini command line app 'abcconvert':

abcconvert -toHDF myhdf.abc myogawa.abc
abcconvert -toOgawa myogawa.abc myhdf.abc

You can determine which version an Alembic file is with 'abcinfo' (among other useful bits of information). You'll need at least build 220 for these apps.

Thanks Mark!!!!!!