BulletSOP - Your work(R&D's, Article's, Breakdown's)

MilanSuk

Show what you made with BulletSOP !!!

I'm creating this thread because I see that there is more and more R&D videos(mainly on vimeo) and In 2014 We can expect few great movies where artist's using BulletSOP push a limits of VFX. Of course these studio's will release breakdown's after these movie's hit Blue-ray!

This is few R&D what I found on Vimeo. Enjoy it!

Milan Suk:

Peng Zhang:

Igor Zanic:

Tom Freitag:

Adrien Rollet:

JeongHun Seong :

Remi Pierre:

Artem Smirnov:

https://vimeo.com/79221859

Few others( I can't find names)

https://vimeo.com/80488771

https://vimeo.com/81575934

https://vimeo.com/71063605

https://vimeo.com/68298398

https://vimeo.com/68207734

Edited by MilanSuk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, your works with Milan's BulletSOP is extremely expiring. I love destruction scenes and I'm about to start a new personal project and I'd really like to use the BulletSOP because it seems incredibly fast and easy to use but I never used it before.

Here's my main question: for fracturing with bulletSOP, do you need to prefracture with Voronoi or are there specific nodes for bulletSOP to make procedural breaking at time of collision?

Even before that I'm already having problems with the installation of the bulletsop and of the bullet library. I am on a Windows using H13.0.198. I tried to download the pre-compiled library but I'm not really sure where I've to install it or save it in.

This is the installation guide by Milan and I'm just kinda confused!

2. Compilation
All source code files are in "source_code/src" folder.
Source code has been tested only on 64bit OS. It may works on 32bit OS too.

Important!
Zip file with source code package doesn't include Bullet Library. You can compile it by your self(check Compilation of Bullet Library section) or download pre-compile from:

Put compiled or downloaded(above) Bullet Library to:
source code files - BulletSOP_2_0_10_source_code/source_code/<your OS>/bullet-2.81-rev2613/src
libraries files -   BulletSOP_2_0_10_source_code/source_code/<your OS>/bullet-2.81-rev2613/lib

Firstly try to compile some of a Houdini example from "Houdini<version>\toolkit\samples\SOP" to make sure that you have all dev package and compiler compatible!

2.1 Windows
For Windows there is Visual Studio 2008 project - BulletSOP_2_0_10_source_code/source_code/win64/bulletSOP2.sln
You can compile Debug and Release (both x64) version.

Project settings uses System Enviroment variable call "houdini" with value of actual Houdini version.
Setting Enviroment Variable:
- From the Desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties.
- Click Advanced System Settings link in the left column.
- In the System Properties window click the Environment Variables button.
- Now to add a new System variable click on New
- Set name to houdini and value to your houdini version, for eg.:
Variable Name: houdini
Variable Value: 12.5.469

Also go to "Project settings -> Linker -> Command line" and change last line to path where plugin needs to be, for eg.:
-out:"C:/Users/<your user name>/Documents/houdini12.5/dso/SOP_bullet.dll"

What I've done so far: copied the BulletSOP library and icons into the H13 folders. Downloaded the precompiled bullet library (src and lib folders) but don't really know where to save them. Saved the Houdini environment variables on my pc. GOT STUCK.

Please HELP!!

Thanks in advance to everybody :D

Edited by nailon

What I've done so far: copied the BulletSOP library and icons into the H13 folders. Downloaded the precompiled bullet library (src and lib folders) but don't really know where to save them. Saved the Houdini environment variables on my pc. GOT STUCK.

Please HELP!!

Thanks in advance to everybody :D

You just need to follow the installation part of the readme, not the compilation part:

1.1 Plugin
For 64bit OS only! Copy library from "install/<yourOS>" to "$HOME/houdini12.5/dso/" for eg.:
WIN -> C:/Users/<Name>/Documents/houdini12.5/dso
UNX -> /home/<name>/houdini12.5/dso
OSX -> /Users/<Name>/Library/Preferences/houdini/12.5/dso

1.2 Icons
Icons created by Igor Bondar( jeybond7@gmail.com ). Thanks a lot!
Copy files from "install/icons" to "$HOME/houdini12.5/config/Icons/" for eg.:
WIN -> C:/Users/<Name>/Documents/houdini12.5/config/Icons
UNX -> /home/<name>/houdini12.5/config/Icons
OSX -> /Users/<Name>/Library/Preferences/houdini/12.5/config/Icons
Edited by Mumble

Here's my main question: for fracturing with bulletSOP, do you need to prefracture with Voronoi or are there specific nodes for bulletSOP to make procedural breaking at time of collision?

In example file You can find example in "Advance/voronoi_impact_break" for real-time cracking.

I did the installation part. But maybe I either placed the .dll file in the wrong place (C:\Users\Diego\Documents\houdini13.0) that's where I saved it, or I don't know if I have to do anything particular to read the plugin in Houdini, but I tried the sample scenes and it did not work!

Copy dll to "C:\Users\Diego\Documents\houdini13.0\DSO"

If you don't have "dso" folder then create it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...