Global space translation of the Sun light objects

Green-Man

Hi!

I have a little problem of getting the world space translation of the Sun light object in the vex light shader.

What I'm doing looks like this:

transform("space:light", "space:world", {0,0,0})

This statement should return me the vector I'm looking for. And it returned the correct value at these wonderful happy days of Houdini 12.5.

Now in Houdini 13 it also works well but not for Sun light objects. With a Sun light it returns the world translation of the camera.

When checking the transformation matrix in H13 with:

getspace(getlightname(), "space:world")

we can see that the matrix is correct except the translation part.

One can say that the Sun light is a kind of a Distant light that represents just a direction not the position. And virtually it's true. The light itself represents the direction. But the object still exists in the IFD with it's fully correct transformation matrix.

By the way I can get this transformation for the actual Distant light. It doesn't work only for Sun light only in Houdini 13.

Do you guys have any suggestions about how to solve this problem?

Do you think it is possible to get this world position of the Sun light in the light shader?

The scene in the attachment shows the problem. Take a look to the terminal output.

lightspace.hip