deleting glue constraints

tveda

Hi all, 

Brand new to Houdini here, but really liking the new adventure so far, I come from a 3ds and xsi background, so it's a bit of a reprogramming for me lol. Anyways I have a question mostly about what is the proper / best way to go about taking a voronoi fractured and glue constrained ground plane and having the a collision object ( null, sphere or what ever), trigger the pieces to release and be effected by gravity and such. I've watched the bullet master class and have some ideas and also the digital tutors controlling breaks, that one seems to be a bit older method wise if i'm not wrong. anyways thank you in advance for any guidance.

I give this a try today, but not as successful as I want to keep some object pin to the ground.

Rough idea is there, but I need to test more tomorrow.

It seems that the constraint network won't work happily with the default ground geo(infinite plane), so it's better to make static rbd as your anchor for pieces you want to hard constraint to the ground.

(or glue with strength -1 I think).

I know Bullet can create anchor point in 3D space, just don't know how to do it with Houdini yet.

By default if you follow the master class, it's almost there.

You just need another set of constraint to bind static geo with your rbd pieces like in the bridge example.

If I do make it work the way I like, I'll post a simple scene like the torus/wall example.

Make sure you double watch the section that explains how constraint network works.