magneto

How to fix a fractured RBD object to the ground?

Hi,

I am using glue constraints and the strength is sufficient but when an object collides, my wall object comes off the ground as a whole. Is it possible to tie the bottom of the wall to the Ground Plane object?

Should I group some of the primitives of the constraint network at the bottom of the wall and then set their strength to -1 in SOPs?

If I do that, it's not clear to me whether the primitives with no strength will be 0 or use the value set in DOPs?

Right now I am using Spring instead of Glue for the constraint_name and when I set the bottom primitives to -1, I get pieces exploding before the object even collides with the wall. So not sure if this is the way to go about this.

Thanks ikarus, that works great. Is there a way to specify those pieces procedurally like in the Group SOP using bbox, etc?

Also how would you do this using RBD packed objects as I am trying to learn more about them :)

On 2/19/2014 at 6:49 PM, bloomendale said:

there is point attrib "active" on packed object. Set it to 0 for chunks near the ground and while the whole wall is glue constrained those non active parts will force the whole wall to stay calm)

3ak_packed_glued_to_ground.hipnc

Sorry, if i'm grave digging an old thread. I've been trying to figure out for the past hour or so. But, where exactly is that point attribute "active" on the packed object? I can't find it anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Fox said:

Sorry, if i'm grave digging an old thread. I've been trying to figure out for the past hour or so. But, where exactly is that point attribute "active" on the packed object? I can't find it anywhere. 

You must create it, and DOPs will pick it up

U create it on the packed geo in SOP before calling it in packedobject dop