Groan....

TheUsualAlex

No, no - that's a good thing.. Admins are only really there to administrate... and since you guys are so excellent behaved, we proud to take a back seat.

In fact, it's very heartening to see this kind of traffic on the board.. I hope it just gets busier! :P

Not sure how you guys would feel about this but I could start pimping od[forum] over at 3d Buzz as it's a pretty high traffic area. There are usually a couple hundred people browsing the forums there at any given moment.

There is very little discussion about Houdini over there but my guess is that will change when more people get a hold of Apprentice.

Anyway, it could be another place to help get word out about this great resource. I figured I'd ask first though.

Oh yes, absolutely.. pimp there as much as you like.. we'd always appreciate the extra minds on the problems..

Unfortunately I still don't see that SESI have organised a download point for 5.5 yet so the distribution will not be too wide until they do.

I've wanted to pimp odforums too but I like it's bad form for administrators to do it. It should spread by word of mouth of the users of the board, so feel to stir up interest if you want.

Cheers,

:D

Excellent Jason! Will do then. :)

What would be really great for Side Effects would be if they showed some interest in the free video training Buzz is providing for other applications like Maya, XSI and 3DSM so that he could produce material for Houdini as well. I believe that Buzz and Side Effects hit it off at Siggraph and they might be talking about this. AFAIK next month's issue of 3D World magazine will feature a video tutorial on modeling a head in Houdini produced by Buzz. My guess is that it'll run close to 75 min like the others he makes for them. The free training being offered at his site is actually what attracted the huge number of members in the first place.

Also, I don't think it's bad form at all for admins to advertise their own boards, especially when the community benefits. People would be really interested in knowing that a TD at Digital Domain runs the show here. :D