Splash

Hi All

I was trying to get a nice crown splash by throwing a big rock on a water surface.

Here is a test

https://vimeo.com/92410596

pass is: splash

My question is:

I generally like the crown shape but I dont like how the water gets back from the center.

Its coming very high up and although it might be physically correct I would like to control it and tame it a bit.

I found that giving some initial waves helps a bit.

Otherwise when I throw the rock on a flat surface then the water that comes up from the center travels miles and sooo fast !!!

So any ideas to have more control on this?

thank you all

Hi Harima,

This last Siggraph, I participated in a talk with some of my colleagues about directable fluids - Directable fluids in the world of epic

At Blue Sky we have a proprietary procedural trajectory rig that we use in conjunction with a flip tank to create directable crown splashes.

While I can't share with you the trajectory aspect of the setup, I can show you how to integrate something like a POP sim that mimics a crown splash in to your Flip sim. The end result is something more controllable. Keep in mind, this is a quick low-res example, but it will get the idea across.

Best of luck,

Ilan

IGcrownSplash.hipnc

Edited by wick3dParticle