Sign in to follow this  
Baldric

renderview does not stop generating the scene

Baldric    1

Hello everyone.

I am new to rendering in Houdini, and I am trying something very simple. I have an object in my scene, an arealight, a ropnet with a mantra-node. As soon as I press render in the interactive renderview houdini starts generating the scene, but it never stops doing this, and never starts actually rendering... What am i doing wrong here? Could it be a bug? I am using version 13.0.198.21

Also, when not using the "ipr", but just going to render and try to set off a normal render I cannot do this either without creating another rendernode... This confuses me. What's the deal with the ropnet in the object context vs a mantra node in the out context?

As I said, I am a noob, but hope that you can help me a bit here.

Thanks

Doug 

marty    574

1st thing to try is to download the latest build - H13.0.376, the one you are running is almost 200 versions old ;)

You don't need to create a new render node for normal rendering for but you will need to create a camera to render through

Baldric    1

Nope. Does not help. Am just trying to render a simple grid, and even that is failing... Rendering normally through the render menu works fine but that is not interactive of course. What have I overlooked here? Am I doing something wrong?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

marty    574

it should work - check the terminal/console from where you launch Houdini for a read out of errors.

nailcuter    0

That happened to me too when I'm using the older version but just get the latest and it should be good. I think the the rop network and out is just organization thing, look more tidy. I usually just set up my scene like the attached picture and everything works fine..

post-11136-0-18211400-1398910719_thumb.p

berik    0

same problem here

black screen render window  and generating scene

i thing this problem appear after i took out and put back graphic cart.

same setup worked  but now not.