VEX/Wrangle DOP problem

Annon

I'm just starting to try to use wrangles for a bit of "fun".

In SOPs I have a @active attribute changing from 0 to 1 and want to pull that into dops to use in RBD solver. Currently I have this plugged into a multisolver inside of a GeometryWrangleDop

int isActive = point("../../END", "active", @ptnum);
i@active = isActive;

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Christian

packedActivate.hip

The problem is essentially that you only send the first frame of the objects to the DOPnet, after that everything is handled inside the DOPnet and "advected" if you will. So it doesn't care if you set the pieces to active in SOPs because it won't know that.

However, take that vex in your Point Wrangle SOP and use that in your Geometry Wrangle DOP instead. It will work as you want then.

Sorry for a fuzzy explanation.

Yeah that's fine, thanks.

I can get that code working in the wrangleDOP, I just wanted to be able to set it in SOPs and pull the data in instead.

The node I'm pointing at is still being evaluated on every frame (or it should be if I'm looking it up), so I should be able to look up what value it is in SOPs and set it in DOPs. Or at least I would think I'd be able to if I can simply set it in DOPs. I would imagine that if I did this in a SOP solver there instead of wrangleDop then that'd work too, I just wanted to get it working directly with a wrangle.

I'm no expert and I'm not sure why it doesn't work. But, if you go the the Input tab of your Geometry Wrangle DOP and point the first input to the END null. Then use this code:

i@active = point(@OpInput1, "active", @ptnum);

It does work as expected.