Mantra Pyro artifact

I got these renders of a fairly simple pyro simulation and within the render view window i see no artifact.  However when i kick them out as image files i get this weird artifact.  any guidance will be greatly appreciated.  sorry in advance if its something simple.  

post-8659-0-00133000-1401986876_thumb.pn

man, im sorry, i accidentally saved over my simulation project file.  All i have is the cached data..  i tried moving the lights out and up and that seemed to work!  thank you so much..  my only question, then, is why do those heinosities appear only in a image file and not in the render view?  thanks again!!

i am so sorry for my naivety and lack of knowledge regarding all things houdini...  im having the same problems regardless of what my viewport settings are.  I have moved on to another simulation and am having some weird results again.  This time im using the smokeless flames pyro deal.  here is whats happening, greeny/red one is what happens when i bring it into ae.  The regular looking flame is my result within houdini's "Render View" tab.   any help is greatly appreciated.

post-8659-0-13064000-1402590819_thumb.pn

post-8659-0-71153800-1402590838_thumb.pn

What image file format are you rendering to in order to bring it into AE? My first thought is that AE is not interpreting the image data as linear but I'm not sure that explains your screenshot. It almost looks like the color channels are being clipped.

hey, thanks for the reply!  the first (bad) one is a 16 bit .png file and this below is a 32 bit tiff.  a little better but still quite heinous.  Pshop yielded the same problems.  i also attached an image of what the thumbnail preview in finder (on mac) looks like..  looks the closest to whats inside houdini than anything..  

post-8659-0-06071900-1402669755_thumb.pn

post-8659-0-47238600-1402669770_thumb.pn