Helga FX Help Thread

Quazo

Hello guys,

I'm the Cloth and FX TD on the project Helga that we do at the Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg. I will use this thread to ask questions and present my progress. At the time I'm working on the cloth of a character. At the beginning of August, I will start with fluids, destruction and particles. The deadline for the animated short is in March 2015. 

Please feel free to criticize any errors in my files or my workflow. I want to learn the best practices and grow as an FX TD. 

Initially I have a few questions:

• When the sleeve of the doublet of the character Ulfbert ist bend, it doesn't bend back. How can I influence the simulation so that it does? (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23791935/ulfbert_doublet.mp4)
  • I also want the sleeve as a whole to move forward. How would I do that?
  • The cloth has to be at a certain position at the start of the shot. What's the best way to preroll the simulation. I would have the character 1 sec in T-Pose, then animate two seconds into the pose at the beginning of the shot.

Cheers,

Johannes