soft body POP

Jostein

Yo mates!

I am trying to create the effect of garbage flying around in the wind - and thought I should have a go at the soft body POP (as well as the spring SOP) - but how do I actually connect my soft body POP to my geometry SOPs?

My garbage system should be fairly small - 4-5 objects flying around - perhaps there's a different approach that would be easier? Any thoughts? (perhaps just setting up a normal POP-network and using a copy SOP - copying my spring-objects onto the particles?)

cheers, jostein.

I'm just thinking out loud here. Do you need the pieces of the garbage to actually move around? For example, one piece is a paper bag, do you want it to flap around? If you don't need that then maybe instanced particles will be able to do the job. As for connecting to your geometry, maybe a pop merge sop and a primitive sop will do the trick I'm not sure though.

yo Jostein

to get ur geom to work as a soft body, what you have to do is create ur garbage in ur sops, and then go to ur pops and use a softbody pop, point that to the sop u want as ur garbage, obviously this network only handles one piece of garbage at a time, then apply ur forces, and if u want ur softbody to collide with anything, basically get a collision pop, point it too the sop that it collides with, ie the ground(grid sop).

then go back to the sops and use a pop merge, and point to the last pop in ur pop network, probibly collision pop. its very important to fiddle with the spring constant, cause thats the stiffness, and also use a drap pop to get it too stop jiggleing.

basically that takes ur created garbage geom into softbody mode, allows u to create nice organic motion with different forces and then fetches it so u can use it as a sop again.

i got some nice results doing something simliar to what u trying to do, im maya though. in my dark days ;-)

check the link, and guess which ones CG :blink:

http://www.geocities.com/aracidbrian1981/a...P/newsPaper.mov

anyways hope this helps

all the best

aracid :blink: