Bullet: Static Vs Active objects

Tatsu

I'm doing some Bullet tests, trying to replicate a workflow I use in 3DS Max; something that works in both pFlow and Thinking Particles.  I am having trouble getting active RBD objects to react properly to an animated object.   I can't seem to get Bullet to evaluate the force of impact from a static object the same way it does from an active object with velocity.  To test this, I created an active RBD sphere object and gave it an initial velocity to launch it at a wall of blocks.  I then animated a copy of the sphere to match the active sphere and ran the simulation again with the static RBD sphere and it doesn't affect the wall of blocks the same way.  I've tried animating a transform inside the geometry and adding a trail SOP to the animated sphere to compute velocity.  Regardless of what I try, wall of blocks don't seem to get much impulse from the static object.  Any thoughts?

post-3658-0-41953800-1403666249_thumb.jp

bulletCompare_001.hipnc

I'm doing some Bullet tests, trying to replicate a workflow I use in 3DS Max; something that works in both pFlow and Thinking Particles.  I am having trouble getting active RBD objects to react properly to an animated object.   I can't seem to get Bullet to evaluate the force of impact from a static object the same way it does from an active object with velocity.  To test this, I created an active RBD sphere object and gave it an initial velocity to launch it at a wall of blocks.  I then animated a copy of the sphere to match the active sphere and ran the simulation again with the static RBD sphere and it doesn't affect the wall of blocks the same way.  I've tried animating a transform inside the geometry and adding a trail SOP to the animated sphere to compute velocity.  Regardless of what I try, wall of blocks don't seem to get much impulse from the static object.  Any thoughtsl

Looks like work well for me.

post-9982-0-84527400-1403673708_thumb.pn

post-9982-0-95267000-1403673712_thumb.pn

Monday, March 10, 2014

Houdini 13.0.348: Fixed a bug in the Bullet Solver that prevented collisions with kinematic objects from respecting the kinematic object's velocity.

Check your houdini build