stickiness for Honey sim

ntkirby

Nice test, I'm guessing you're using stick on collision with flip? I was playing around with this feature of flip but it didnt look right, so I ended up using a sop solver in my sim to transfer a really high viscosity to the particles closest to the goal object I want to stick to. You could also use pressure as the control field for this. I'll see if I can make an example

• Like 1

I tried using the pressure field, but for some reason I couldn't get the pressure around the sides, that's why I created a velocity field and put the collision velocity from the source into the velocity...  I also tried putting something in the stickvel but that wouldn't work at all...

the only problem with this is though is that when it reaches the bottom it shoots the particles..  I need to find a way to scale the velocity as it reaches the bottom but I can't seem for the life of me to remember how to do that :(

Edited by ntkirby

Here's another version of this, I'm using a gas field vop to pull in velocity values and drive the particles that way..

it's a little touchy though but works surprisingly decent...  I just can't get close to what I want lol

I want that nice stick and roll fluids have...grr

visc_test2.hipnc

• Like 1