BulletSOP is implementation of Bullet library (bulletphysics.org) inside SideFx Houdini (sidefx.com).
It's a plugin for creating incredibly large rigid body simulations on average PC.
The Tool is very powerful, flexible and speed is very impressive as well as memory footprint.
The plugin is free and without limits! So you can create truly stunning massive simulations.
BulletSOP is compiled for Houdini production builds. It includes many example scenes (beginner -> professional) which are probably the best learning resources.

Main features:
- Bullet RBD Solver
- Support for multiple Broadphases, Constraints Solvers
- Loading data from previous frame
- Geometry decomposition (Tetrahedra, Voxels)
- Static/Animation body
- Convex Hull
- Compound Hull
- Deform static Hull
- Primitive Hulls
- Constraints (auto-generating, spring, 6DoF)
- Collisions Groups
- Object Forces
- Point Radius Forces
- Delete Duplicity data
- Instancing
- Emitting system
- Includes many example scenes for studying
- Support for Windows(64bit), Linux(64bit) and OSX(64bit)

Links:
Houdini: www.sidefx.com
LinkedIn: www.linkedin....Houdini-4796605

More author's videos: vimeo.com/user3251535

Create freely, simulate quickly and enjoy fully!

Best wishes,
Milan Suk

Download BulletSOP v2.0.13 for Windows, Linux and OSX: http://bit.do/BulletSOP_v2_0_13

Edited by MilanSuk
  • Like 5

Main reason of this release: Compiled for the latest Houdini production build - 13.0.476.

It includes OSX version as well - big thanks to Chris Rydalch!

Keep in mind that for Windows you need Houdini vc11 version!!!

Edited by MilanSuk

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Milan, not sure if this is know, but I'm experiencing some slight issues on Windows 7, using Houdini 13.498.

It's mainly that I'm having to forcibly recook the nodes sometimes, as if the memory footprint isn't cleared or something. Seems to happen a lot if I copy/paste one node. It keeps the data from the original copied object until I bypass it and turn off bypass again to cook it.

I'm sure this is probably some issue with the malloc memory allocation thing that Windows has.

But besides that everything is working well!

Hey Milan, not sure if this is know, but I'm experiencing some slight issues on Windows 7, using Houdini 13.498.

It's mainly that I'm having to forcibly recook the nodes sometimes, as if the memory footprint isn't cleared or something. Seems to happen a lot if I copy/paste one node. It keeps the data from the original copied object until I bypass it and turn off bypass again to cook it.

I'm sure this is probably some issue with the malloc memory allocation thing that Windows has.

But besides that everything is working well!

Seems i get the same problem on linux fedora 20 houdini 13.0.498

• 3 weeks later...

Seems i get the same problem on linux fedora 20 houdini 13.0.498

I think(hope) I finally fixed it!

The problem was that I return(jump from method) between boss->opStart("..."); and boss->opEnd(); Houdini is crazy when you do that - It happened in early versions of BulletSOP.

There is 10 new commits since 2.0.13, so I think We will release BulletSOP 2.0.14 version soon!

Edited by MilanSuk

• 4 weeks later...

Any chances for the OpenCL/Bullet 3 code to make it for the next version? If not, could I try compiling or contributing support for it?

Hi Vincent,

Bullet 3.0 is still WIP(many bugs and missing features).

When It is officially release I will implement it. I made this(http://forums.odforce.net/topic/19170-bulletsop-25-previewwith-gpu-support/) few months ago, so implementation is not problem!

Sadly there is no time info, when Bullet 3.0 will come :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...