Path Deform HDK Plugin

Stalkerx777

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to make this work on multiple cores. The code is a little bit ugly, but it's ok for now. For heavy geometry, especially when vector attribute reorientation required, it's about 5 times faster on my 6 core machine. I have updated code as well as binary files: https://bitbucket.org/alexxbb/hdk_pathdeformer

I need to take a break, because I have a dreams with c++ code  :D

Thank you Alexey !

your tools look realy good ! but for now it s not working for me.

I put dso into /doc/houdini13/dso (windows 7 , H13.0.447), but i dont find your node in sop context ?

The compilied windows dso is for wich houdini version ?

have fun Papi

Hi Thomas. I was compiled in windows_x64 with houdini13.0.498 and compiler VC9.

Make sure you put it in right place. I remember i had a situation, when houdini13.0 folder was in 2 places simultaneously. $HOME/My Documents/houdini13.0 and $HOME/houdini13.0. First place is the right place on windows.

Let me know if anything, i'll double check it.

Guest mantragora

ok thank, think is about vc9 .. I'm on vc11.

I will test later on vc9 install

Do you want to test something?

In previous versions of MS compiler you could download Windows SDK which contained 64-bit C++ compiler for free. With newest Windows SDK they removed C++ compiler from the pack. But according to this link VS 2012 Express (the free one) installation contains 64-bit c++ compiler by default. I can't test this on my system since I have full VS2012 and other things installed, so I can't be sure will it work because of my installation or only Express edition. But if you could install VS2012 Express, set MSCVDir variable and test if hcustom compiles it would be great.

Guest mantragora

Thanks for the code Alexey.

I'm in the process of ripping it apart to merge it with my library of custom operators. When I finish I will try to write couple word about my workflow for developing plugins and some design guides I'm following when writing code that simplify development. Maybe you will find some of the tips there valuable enough to start using it in your development. It helps keep the code much more manageable.

Edited by mantragora

.....When I finish I will try to write couple word about my workflow for developing plugins and some design guides I'm following when writing code that simplify development. Maybe you will find some of the tips there valuable enough to start using it in your development. It helps keep the code much more manageable.

Sure. It would be great :)

Awesome work, I actually needed something just like this :)

Do you want to test something?

In previous versions of MS compiler you could download Windows SDK which contained 64-bit C++ compiler for free. With newest Windows SDK they removed C++ compiler from the pack. But according to this link VS 2012 Express (the free one) installation contains 64-bit c++ compiler by default. I can't test this on my system since I have full VS2012 and other things installed, so I can't be sure will it work because of my installation or only Express edition. But if you could install VS2012 Express, set MSCVDir variable and test if hcustom compiles it would be great.

VS 2012 express works with hcustom but its not particularly nice about it.   First you gotta move a copy of the cl.exe from the x86_amd64 folder to the amd64 folder then every time you you launch Houdini's command prompt you gotta run the vcvarsx86_amd64 bat file from inside the command prompt. 

Guest mantragora

VS 2012 express works with hcustom but its not particularly nice about it.   First you gotta move a copy of the cl.exe from the x86_amd64 folder to the amd64 folder then every time you you launch Houdini's command prompt you gotta run the vcvarsx86_amd64 bat file from inside the command prompt. 

As long as it gives people possibility to compile for free I think they will be OK with small inconvenience. Thanks for info.

• 5 months later...

Thanks Alexey!

Please, excuse my complete ignorance (doing my first steps with Apprentice),  but where I should place these files for Houdini-Mac?  :blush:

I'm searching for some “plugin” directory, or similar, inside my Houdini folder without success…

In fact, it intrigues me were really is installed the main application and related files?, since the files I have inside /Applications/Houdini 13.0.582 are so lightweight…

THANKS!  :)