Extracting a curve from the slice of a terrain...

Hi,

I have to issue with something that should be relatively easy to do in my mind.

There is multiple poly grids in my scene. 4x4 grids aligned next to each other and also merged together. I need to extract curves splice at certain altitudes.

When I use the Cookie SOP, followed by Divide and Ends, I always end up with a seam in between each grids.

Is there a way to get rid of the seam? Or a better way to make this happen? The goal would be to extract iso lines just like on this image. BUT... I don't need all those lines. Only one line at the height the user desire.

http://www.ctech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/isolines-viewer-1.jpg

Many thx

C

post-11497-0-17130300-1410260406_thumb.j

Edited by Shnookums

either just choose Crease instead of Boolean in  Cookie SOP, it will create crossection curve

or if you are cutting terrain at certain height,  use Clip SOP to cut the terrain and keep the geo above the cut

then Divide SOP (Remove Shared Edges) and Ends SOP to Unroll the curve if you want it open

EDIT: one more thing, by saying merged together, make sure they are fused using Fuse SOP, otherwise they will still be separate geometries producing separate crossections

Edited by anim