directed Forces in DOPS H13

-HEAVY-

hey =]

I am trying to use directional forces for my fractured packed objects, 
so i have used magnet force cause I can put in some moving geometry. but my

magnet force is ever radial and I have read that it could be directional to but I cant find it..

at the moment I am only searching for up direction as initial velocity for this impact point.

I know it shouldnt be that complicated but I think I have a mental blackout at the moment...#

cheerz

de Heavy

Yeah. This is a nice tool, but i am on a learning path, so if you could not provide me with some file i can look at, it's not a help at the moment.

Maybe I should be more clear.

I have an impact location in sop level and for now I am using metaball magnetforce to feed this position in to the dop net. But this is only radial.

How can I use the sop level location in dops to drive maybe a fan force or smth..

ok physco here is the file - if you want to show me the way,

please provide me with some small info what you changed and why.

so i can Experiment with it.

and Rainroom,

can you give me some mre Information? i think it should be a point Attribute, right and how should i call it?

what when i have no active value ? - at the moment active is only used to hold the ground in place and i

break glue bonds based on Color and force push them around.

cheerz de Heavy

HancockEffect.hipnc

ok i bypassed the Metaball - created a v Attribute on SOP Level after packing the prims - put a sop solver in DOP

Network and set Instanceous Point Velocitys on dop_geometry node..

now everything is exploding - what did i missed?

1.After rbd packed use add sop and keep only points make them black color.Just for better visualisation

2.use your animated point to transfer red color to thoes point specify region of attribute also use blend width to blur attr

3.store that attr ("velamp")so you'll get 1 to 0 value on packed points

4.Make a group of that points "xyz group"

5.make another attr ("inside")of value 1 only on "xyz group"

6.copy paste attr ("inside") and offset that by -1 frame.

7.now  create new attr behind first attr("inside") name it as "active"

8.substract $INSIDE - point("../your offseted attr node",$PT,"inside",0) in active attr node

9.you'll get active points which are adding to your "xyz_group" at that frame only. if group them using $ACTIVE you'll see the points inside group are for 1 frame only

10. use vopsop and substract your animated point "P" from globle poistion of packed points ("visualise this to get better idea of vector directaion").

11. multiply substract value with "active" and "velamp" attr  and plug them into velocity.

12.Now used this velocity inside DOP and using sop solver add this "velocity" to global velocity and plug into vleocity output.

You can use your technique to do this ... idea is, velocity on points is only active for 1 frame so it will blow yor chunk and after that  "gravity" will control the motion of your chunks.

• Like 1

Yes, all of them are point attributes and they will by default be present in the packed primitives in DOPs. Check the details view in DOPs. By default your "active" attribute will be set to 1 and "inheritvelocity" will be set to 0. You can change their values at will inside a sopsolver in DOPs.