Urgent Help, Flip not responding to static objects !

architkhatri

Hello,

The use deforming geometry was turned off on the staticobject_Bucket, i just had it disconnect for a bit because even before the bucket gets to the SandPit, all the flip fluids were just going through the SandPit. 

I have checked everything, that i could think of and its still not working. 

Make the walls of the collision geo much thicker, they are too thin at the moment.  The collision geo does not need to be the same as the render geo.  Also make sure that your particles are not interpenetrating with the collision geo at the start of the sim.

I second loudsubs suggestions - thicken your container geo and scale your source down so it does not start the simulation interpenetrating the container. 

Fusing your points to ensure there are no holes is wise, but you'll also want to ensure the "fill interior" option is enabled on your VDBFromPolygons nodes as well. 

Increasing the substeps on your DOP Network node to give it a bit more time to process the collision could help, but definitely ensure your collision surfaces are solid first.

SandPit_AnimationPreViz.v2.hipnc.gz