A Dama Gazelle Modeled and Decaled in Houdini 7

sheerkohf

Hi Guys!

I am a new member. Have been modeling for some time. Here is my mantra render of a dama gazelled I modeled and textured within houdini 7. Comments are welcome !

Any advice on how i could create an environment for this gazelle in Houdini 7 ?

post-10432-0-44938100-1413869247_thumb.j

Edited by sheerkohf

• 3 weeks later...

First, what a beautiful model. My only comment is about the slight texture stretching on the belly.

But oh my goodness, Houdini 7?! Please tell us how you came to use that version, and you computer setup.

What kind of environment were you thinking of? A savannah, a forest, a city? Even with a limited setup I think your imagination is the only limit :)

Edited by kleer001
  • Like 1

Thank you Sir 

kleer001

for this Compliment ! 

Though a professor of English ,  I have been a 3d enthusiast since 2000 !  I have tried many of the 3d programs. Of late i found no challenge in working with programs having so many icons around. I chanced on houdini 7 and initially (just like the earlier versions of blender) I had no clue how to go about modeling. I thought houdini was poor at polymodeling but i proved myself wrong. Infact ,i found polymodeling more streamlined in houdini than in max or maya or blender. I particularly like the clip tool and the mirror tool that works so beautifully. 

Computer setup : AMD 64 + 4 gb ram with radeon card.

For a forest ,  I was thinking of L-system in houdini but because of my poor maths i am unable to understand it.  Could you suggest some ways of learning the L-system in houdini ?

And , finally belive me , it was all done in version 7 itself.  I shall  post the wireframes in houdini 7 if you like !  Bye for now ! 

Edited by sheerkohf

Sure, there's lots of sources for playing with lsystems. Here's one I had a lot of fun with:

http://www.kevs3d.co.uk/dev/lsystems/

Do know that it's rules are evaluated a little differently than in Houdini. So, if you copy/paste a set of rules that you like from it, they won't result in the same look. :(

And of course Wikipedia and here at odforce are a lot of good info. Also maybe think about generating trees with splitting particles.

Can you run a more recent version of Houdini?

• Like 1