RBD Animated Truck Crash, Having trouble bringing into dops

danieljhourigan

Hi Guys, I really need help with this.

What I have is a complex Truck rig coming in from animation. Its got multiple moving parts and some parts need to break apart as it gets hit and collides with objects.

I have managed to fracture the object and transfer the animation back onto the frags via a nice matrix transform setup I found on Odforce.

The trouble I'm having is how to bring animated frags (packed primitives) into Dops and how to control them becoming active either on collision or at specific frames.
The other thing I cant figure out is how to get the active pieces to be still glued or constrained to the other animating non active pieces.

Presently I'm trying to achieve this with Packed Prims as I have alot of pieces and its lighter in Dops but I have tried doing it the old fashioned way with Deforming RBD Fracture objects, but I still have the problem of Controlling when objects become active and then constraining them to the non active animated pieces.

The best way I could think to illustrate this is when the windscreen shatters its still constrained to the non active window frame so that it continues along with the moving truck.

I have attached a super simple truck file that's been cleaned up off my tests, as none of them are working anyway.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me on this, Its driving me crazy not being able to figure this out.

Cheers.

Edited by danieljhourigan