Angel Destruction

Tyfx567

That looks lovely.

I would encourage you to use another one of Stanford's models.

There is of course no legal reason you should do that.

Though, on this page:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

You will find a friendly suggestion to "Keep your renderings and other uses of these particular models in good taste." As this angel is a representation of a cultural and religiously significant artifact. See: from previous page "Inappropriate uses of these models"

Yes, I'm basically saying "Please don't use that, it might offend someone." I'm saying it because the authors of the free models has said it. The authors of these nice free models that we get to use.

So, please, next time, maybe I can encourage you to use the Armadillo, Bunny or another model from a different source.  But of course, you're free to do as you like. I just wanted to draw your attention to the words of the author of that model (that you rightly credited, thank you). :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another thing that would nice is rather than a nice uniform rate of breaking is to chop off bigger pieces in one go.
For example, start fracturing the arm at the shoulder, rather than at the fingers. Then when the arm falls off make it do secondary fracture as it hits the floor. -- could be the same with the head, or even the legs if you were to start at the ankles.