I can't create a New Operator Type..

Gurbo

Howdy,

This is my first post on this forum.

I'm putting together the Buzz rig with expressions and I'm having trouble generating a new Operator type.

I made it with name and parameters OK, and I can see it from my Operator Type Manager yet when I move over to the Network Editor and start typing 'Tab + Name' it doesn't appear on the list.

I reckon I've missed some checkbox.

I'd appreciate any help for a newb.

Tar

Gurb

hey Gurbo

i also had problems making ops using make new operator type, but only when i used it under |file

theres another way

select all your ops, then callapse them into a subnet,

after that control right click on the subnet, and u'll see a create subnet operator type.

That worked for me,

if u tried this already, then :ph34r:

anyways

hope this helped

all the best

aracid :blink:

it's likely working but notice that what shows up in the tab menu is the Operator Label, not the Operator Name. Second, when you save it, if you choose to install it to the "Current Hip File", then you will only get to use it in that particular hip file. Change that to $HOME/houdini7 if you want it to show up in different hip files.

Oh and also, be aware that say you created a SOP custom operator, then you won't be able to create it if your network editor was in Objects.

Hey thanks everybody for your input.

I checked and rechecked and it seems to be an interface issue.

Buzz cntrl+right clicks in the Network editor (in OBJ mode) and selects 'Create New Operator Type..'.

I had to hunt it out under the File Menu and the layout of the dialogue was also very different. I can see the operator when I go to the Tools menu and select the Operator Type Manager.

I type in the TAB+label name as it is the same as the operator name but still no joy. At this juncture I still don't know my VEX from my CHOPS so I'm going to bail and try the sidefx leg setup tut.

As I've read a number of times - there seems to be a variety of ways to tackle any problem in Houdini.

Gurbo