Maya renders and Houdini renders are not matching

cgvfx

Hello Everyone,

I am importing a cam from maya to houdini through alembic.Its importing correctly but when i take the renders from maya and one more render from houdini both the renders are not matching,i can see the position and scale of both the renders is not matching.I tried to use the same unit scale in houdini and maya but still its not matching.Kindly help.

Thanks

Hi GUI,

Thanks! I had done the same, baking the camera out of maya.Main problem is the object from houdini render coming little bigger than maya render,position is almost coming same,i have red through the forums might be the focus length I m not able to make out.

Do you have depth of field? That would be a problem!

But I don´t think camera focus causes size problems, perhaps overscan? In Maya, overscan is easy to do since is automated, but in houdini you will have to make some expressions.

Which build have you installed? As far as I remember, SESI corrected some translations from the Maya camera to houdini´s camera several builds ago...

• 2 years later...

So, I am having the same issue but am using Vray physical camera in Maya.  My renders are not matching up at all.  I've got my camera scaled to 1 after grouping then parent constraining & baking keys.  Seems to work with a regular maya camera but not with the Vray physical camera ticked in extra attributes, and I've already spent 2 weeks rendering in maya.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to resolve this?

Thanks

Edited by butcherman