New skin

Marc

I liked the funky icons that showed which forums had new messages.

As for the colour scheme, I like the feel of it. This is my first post in the new scheme. I'll post more after I've had a chance to use it some more.

13532[/snapback]

The edit, quote, reply buttons underneath each msg no longer work.

One thing that has always bugged me a bit is the lack of a visible outline in the new od[force].net banner at the top. It strikes me that the banner should be more visible rather than kinda faded with the background.

It's dark green on the dark grey.

13531[/snapback]

Dark grey? Really? Its alarmingly close to white on my screen. Could you post a screenshot of what it looks like on yours?

Having said that however, I do agree about the green sig... yucky :)

The edit, quote, reply buttons underneath each msg no longer work.

Yeah... odd. I'll look into that tomorrow.

One thing that has always bugged me a bit is the lack of a visible outline in the new od[force].net banner at the top. It strikes me that the banner should be more visible rather than kinda faded with the background.

shhh... its a standin for the moment. I can't be bothered to make a special one just for now. When the rest of the site is done it will look alot better... promise.

l8r

Marc

I like the new skin. I do have problems trying to reply to a post.

When I click on the quote or reply buttons which are below each post, it either does nothing or jumps to the top of the page. The only way I can reply is to hit the Add Reply buttons located at the top and bottom of each page.

i may be wrong on this, but in the old od[force] site, wasn't there a 'next oldest' and 'next newest' button on the bottom and top of each thread as opposed to just the bottom? i kinda miss that and would like to have it at top as well as bottom...

When I click on the quote or reply buttons which are below each post, it either does nothing or jumps to the top of the page. The only way I can reply is to hit the Add Reply buttons located at the top and bottom of each page.

13544[/snapback]

This bug is fixed.

wasn't there a 'next oldest' and 'next newest' button on the bottom and top of each thread as opposed to just the bottom?

I don't remember this being there, and I definitely didn't change anything to do with that in this latest skin. So I'm going to say, 'no', there wasn't :)

Ciao

Marc

ahh nevermid, I totally skipped over Edward's post that reported this. Sorry Ed

13545[/snapback]

Yeah, in Firefox there is just a "java script:scroll()" command, but if you middleclick to open a new tab, it works.

Stanger.

I love the colours though - well done Marc!

I like the colors. The layout works with "Firefox 8.0" (WinXP)- but  "IE 6.0" wont render the pages correct...

13543[/snapback]

Yeah IE6 is a piece of crap...

oh..

...er, did I say that out loud?

What I meant to say was, is that IE6 is a piece of crap....

ah poo. There's just no way to say it nicely. Basically the forum and the new version of odforce use some css2 which IE doesn't support. I believe this forum is xhtml1.0 strict compliant, which means that its very well coded according to current standards. If IE doesn't want to support them then that's IE's problem.

Lets think if it as me trying to save people from getting the bejeebers hacked out of them by using IE. That way I look like a hero as well as a hip web d00d.

win win

Marc

I don't remember this being there, and I definitely didn't change anything to do with that in this latest skin. So I'm going to say, 'no', there wasn't :)

:) prob thinking of sesi forums then..

What I meant to say was, is that IE6 is a piece of crap....

ah poo. There's just no way to say it nicely. Basically the forum and the new version of odforce use some css2 which IE doesn't support.

yes, it is a piece of crap.. go get firefox.. if you find yourself using a machine that only allows IE, see if the OS is the latest build.. i think with SP2 of XP that just came out, the new IE supports css2, pop up blocking and a lot of security holes fixed.. not that it should make it a good browser, but i guess atleast better. bah, what am i saying.. just go get firefox..

i think with SP2 of XP that just came out, the new IE supports css2, pop up blocking and a lot of security holes fixed..

13568[/snapback]

really? hmm.. My laptop has XP, I should get it and see what it looks like. I doubt it will be css2 though.. probably more like mscss2, where everything looks similar to css2 but behaves slightly differently. Just to annoy the rest of us :D

Well count your lucky stars that Jason talked me out of putting it on top of the post.

You'll get used to it -_-

P.S. While its not quite mirror writing, its close enough. I'm left handed, so reading that doesn't actually feel that unnatural :ph34r:

hi

i have to say i do like the new skin [the blue one a lot more than the previous new red one :)]

i like the whole layout really...the new logo header etc all sits together really nicely. all the colours are just about right i'd say...nothing too bright or too vivid, just easy-on-the-eye B) oh, and all the smilies are great :P

i definately like the speed that pages load now...a lot better than before.

i've also switched to firefox [v0.9.3] now as well. i used to use avantbrowser [that i do still like btw] as it has many features that i find really useful and the fact that its still ie underneath helps a lot with compatability...but y'now, i just couldn't resist the all-conquering move over to firefox :D

[oh...and the 'quoting' withing replies is spot on too :oneeyedsmiley02:]

regards

monsieurblack