Pixelated my sequence

Elena_ DeCosta

hi everybody

After a along time i tried to comp my sequence in Houdini but i am totally get upset. my whole sequence came out from Maya is pixelated (find in image) i change every thing but nothing help. even i off, "fast interactive cooking". no use.my renders are coming out like this (find in image).

please can anybody give idea whats wrong with Houdini or my understanding or i should attache with nuke or fusion. Houdini is not for any comp.

thanks friends for helping me earlier.

post-12314-0-52774200-1421681575_thumb.j

post-12314-0-31145500-1421681592_thumb.j

post-12314-0-13392200-1421681602_thumb.j

Thanks! It may be a bug in the way JPEG and TIFF are handled internally in Houdini. 

If you save the files out to .exr format the banding is gone. See screengrab; left side is exr, saved out of Nuke, right side is the Jpeg.

Probably best to submit it as a bug to SideFx on their website:

Edit The banding appears top come from the 'Linerarize Non-Linear Images' If you turn it off, then the image will be brighter but the banding will be gone.

post-8321-0-21014800-1421739008_thumb.pn

post-8321-0-38809700-1421739254_thumb.pn

post-8321-0-83514600-1421739999_thumb.pn

Edited by tar

Thanks marty i could not found your "screengrab" but i appreciate your support. how it could be a bug its most simple or a basic thing(importing file for com positing). and why side effects don't want us to comp in tiff or tga , its silly.

Anyway when i am rendering image into .exr and importing in houdini, i got increased gamma and same time not getting any COPs for color space. so solution is, i should attache with nuke or fusion only.

If you get banding after linearizing (ie. applying a gamma), then it probably means that your source data had insufficient precision (8-bit in .jpeg is insufficient). I'd be surprised if you don't get the same result by linearising the same file in Nuke.