RBD Glue Constraint

LucOlivier

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with my RBD Glue constraint. I'm following the digital tutors course : "how to control your fracture in houdini" but I need to add an impact point to my current glue constraint that gets deleted with a color attribute.

I've added my rigid bodie object and animated it but for some reason, my glue constraint keep my pieces floating after the impact.

I'd like the impact to break the connection between the pieces and then my animation in the glue network to follow.

I've added my scene to this post, hope you are able to read all the node.

Thanks for your time , sorry if this is not clear.

ARB_shot0010_roof_v10_SIM.hipnc

destruction_002.avi

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with my RBD Glue constraint. I'm following the digital tutors course : "how to control your fracture in houdini" but I need to add an impact point to my current glue constraint that gets deleted with a color attribute.

I've added my rigid bodie object and animated it but for some reason, my glue constraint keep my pieces floating after the impact.

I'd like the impact to break the connection between the pieces and then my animation in the glue network to follow.

I've added my scene to this post, hope you are able to read all the node.

Thanks for your time , sorry if this is not clear.

You posted file that contains geometry files on ur computer so it doesnt work.

You shoud load a test file with no imported geometry.

Im not sure what u are looking for, but if u cant use glue constraint for some reason u can:

1) Create attribute named active for u fracture Packed geometry in sop (set it to 0)

2) Create sop solver in dop

3) Inside sop solver: use merge object ( set Into this object and load your animated geometry )

create goup set it to bounding object and use points

connect dop_geometry and object merge to group

then create attribute for this group name active and set it to 1

This will activate fracture pieces when your animated geometry will interact with fractured geometry

Edited by segamega

Wow, first of all thanks to you both for the quick answer! I appreciate it.

I'm still new to Houdini, trying to figure all the secrets. I knew there would be problem with the my local files. I'm sorry.

I've decided to start a new scene with pack primitive this time. I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm not able to make my roof stay and my middle collapse.

The effect I'm trying to achieve is a tree that's going into a roof. The tree itself collide with the roof making a little hole. and then the roof start to fall apart from that hole created. 

It doesn't have to be procedural. I can animate the parameters. 

I'm loading another scene file, this time without anything file read on my machine. I find this to be really heavy also for pack primitive.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your time and your help.

ARB_shot0010_roof_v23_SIM_PACKED.hipnc.hipnc

Hello Segamega, 

first, let me thank you for your time! I really appreciate it. I've let all my stuff for people to know what sort of thing I tried... I guess it wasn't the best way, I' m sorry about that. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

I've understand what you meant in your previous post about creating an active attribute. Basically what you've created the active attribute and set it to 0 so the gravity has no effect. I'm having difficulties when it comes to the DOP, Inside the sopsolver .

What is the dop_geometry , impacts, feedback, relationship. I know it comes by default, but what is their utilities?

Then the object merge, I guess it refers to the animated box and it says when this touches the points, activate them. 

Is there a way to apply the same technique to a glue constraint and break the constraints network according to a geometry? 

And emit debris from those breaking connections?

Thanks !