• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys.. i wasen't able to find the project file! However.. the workflow is very simple, instead of the grid node attached to the ocean spectrum, you simply create a file node, load in your flipmesh bgeo's and link the file node as the grid node was linked! Let me know if you have any problems.. :)

• 9 months later...

ok guys i get all the information you shared but my basic question is how you guys extract exact top surface of mesh so that it will combine with ocean displacement?

like for eg. if i'm creating water breaching effect with mountain like structure and after simulating i what i want is thin surface of water to convert it into ocean and also along with that mesh splashes.

something like igor zanic's video

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/12/2016 at 6:53 AM, devilstorm said:

ok guys i get all the information you shared but my basic question is how you guys extract exact top surface of mesh so that it will combine with ocean displacement?

like for eg. if i'm creating water breaching effect with mountain like structure and after simulating i what i want is thin surface of water to convert it into ocean and also along with that mesh splashes.

something like igor zanic's video

To extract the top Part you can just object merge the ocean displacement and use an ExtruvolumeSOP on it. Move it down a little bit and VDBFromPolygonsSOP it. Use that as a mask on your VDB from the flip. That should give you the top part, thats how I go about it