gillsp

(igor plz come in)flip fluid particle optimization

So I was doing some flip simulation, and the highest I managed to get is around 50mil to 60 mil particles with one simple flip solver.(already deleting some attributes) with 32GB of RAM. But when I was doing some other tests, with a few more microsolvers, I was only able to get to  not even 20mil(and my computer tells me not enough memory). My question is what is the main methods to optimize the scene except particle counts and deleting useless attributes?

I knew Igor was able to optimize and get around 40mil(if I remember correctly) with only 16GB of RAM?Please help me, of coz, all other advises and help will also be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

How your scene look, what are you simulating, what kind of microsolver are you using?

Igor

Hi Igor, I was actually the guy who PM you on Vimeo, because I was not sure if you will be either one, we can handle the question with the vimeo pms or emails, thanks.

eeerm...I would say other people would deem as rude to use the forum to ask and then make people reply somewhere else so nobody knows the answer.

....other people...not me of course...by any means....

...seriously....

Ok. That´s rude.

• Like 9