NURBS Surface generating question

Renderman_XSI

hello everyone!

Im new to Houdini, im wondering about Houdini surfacing tools. Im looking for tools that are somewhat like Mayas: birail 2,birail,birail3 tools. Does Houdini have such tools?

I prefer to work in NURBS for cars, so i want to model a car in Houdini using NURBS and its respected surfacing tools.

Maya birail tools, works like this, if i select a 2 curves then a another curve i can generate a surface base off those curves. Same for Birail2+ and Birail3, but it gives you more curves to base for final surface geometry on.

Hope a Houdini expert can help!thanks

Hey, thank all for the reply. I'll take alook at the skin and rail OP.

skin is really really nice OP.

While im here i want to ask, how do i snap to point, snap to curve?

i already know how to snap to grid. Because in Maya, if you want to rail any curves you have to make sure they are snap on each other.

As for my name(Renderman_XSI) it justs means i want Renderman to be the native renderer for Softimage XSI. BTW, im learning Max,Maya,XSI, AutoCAD2002 and now Houdini.

Hey, thank all for the reply. I'll take alook at the skin and rail OP.

skin is really really nice OP.

While im here i want to ask, how do i snap to point, snap to curve?

i already know how to snap to grid.  Because in Maya, if you want to rail any curves you have to make sure they are snap on each other.

As for my name(Renderman_XSI) it justs means i want Renderman to be the native renderer for Softimage XSI.  BTW, im learning Max,Maya,XSI, AutoCAD2002 and now Houdini.

The snapping tools perhaps? If so, they can be reached by pressing a button that looks like this:

\/

RenderMan the native renderer for XSI? So you'd like to see mental ray move for RenderMan? Ok... but then, which RenderMan you're referring to? PRMan? RenderDotC? BMRT? 3Delight? Entropy? (etc.)

I've also noticed you have quite some software packages at your disposal... Where do you work? I mean, I'd love to expand my skills aswell.

And where are you using/going to use AutoCAD for? Since it's a totally differing tool, at least the purpouses for what it was made for, compared to the rest of the software you named.