OpenGL problem

PioRaffaeleFina

Hi all, I'm new on the forum and I've started to learn Houdini few days ago. It's awesome!

By the way, I have some hardware related problem.

I Run Houdini Apprentice on 2 different machines, a good workstation and an old laptop. 

With my workstation, there are no problems but I can't run Houdini on my laptop due to some OpenGL issues.

These are the warnings:

Qt Warn: QGLFormat::setVersion: Cannot set zero or negative version number 0.0

and

Opengl fatal error: the installed opengl driver is not able 

to run opengl 3.2

So I have some practice with hardware stuff and understand what is the problem. I've already tried to upload my driver but was already updated. 

What  can I do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance  :)

What GPU is in your laptop? Many laptop drivers are tied to the ones that the Laptop manufacturer provides, and these are rarely updated. You have to go to the Nvidia, AMD, or Intel site to download a more current driver.

Thanks for the reply, my GPU is the default intel 3000 series, my drivers are already updated. I want only disable opengl features because I'm not interested in performance on my laptop, I would use houdini only for user interface exploration and stuff like that.

The HD 3000 only supports GL3.1, unfortunately. I don't know if this is hardware or driver restriction. Intel tends to stop adding new features to "old" GPUs relatively quickly, it seems.

H14 requires GL3.3. You need an HD4000 or above (or the HD2500 just to keep it interesting) to run H14.