agharraph

POP forces and Bullet sim

Hi everyone. I've come across a little hurdle, that I'm sure must have a simple solution, but I can't quite figure it out.

I've created a simple scene to illustrate what I'm after (see attached).

Basically I'm using the POP Attract force to drive the animation of my RBD objects (I'm using the Bullet solver), and I'm getting the result that I'm after. My predicament now is that I want to vary the effect of the force on a per object level. So in reference to the example scene I've attached, have the torus objects be less effected by the attract force than the teapot objects.

Like I said, I'm sure there must be a simple solution for this, and I'm hoping one of you clever people can point me in the right direction.

cheers!

bulletAttract.hip

Edited by agharraph

Hey Pradeep, thanks for the help!

Your example didn't do exactly what I was after, but it certainly pointed me in the right direction. Using your VEXpression as an example, I simply added an extra attribute to the different packed GEO groups on sop level, which I then queried in the VEXpression to apply the force (I've attached the file).

Thanks again for your help!

bulletAttract_fixed2.hip

Sorry, I didn't get you properly. I just gave you an idea to play with. Did that solved your problem? 

Yes indeed. Your example helped solve the problem, thanks!