Qt widgets and Custom Shelfs using python

Gustavo Braga

Hi,

I´m looking to integrate Houdini inside our custom pipeline. We already have a pipeline script working inside Maya and I´m trying to replicate it in Houdini. 

I started with interface creation with Qt and Pyside. I´m in the early stages but already have some doubts. In maya I can create a shelf panel, add some icons and integrate to my script. I´m trying to do it inside qt using buttons with icons but the result is very ugly. So, It´s possible to create these kind of special houdini panels with a qt interface? Somebody has some tutorials or docs about custom interfaces using python in houdini? I couldn´t find anything more than this Masterclass on vimeo.

Thanks

Hi,

I´m looking to integrate Houdini inside our custom pipeline. We already have a pipeline script working inside Maya and I´m trying to replicate it in Houdini. 

I started with interface creation with Qt and Pyside. I´m in the early stages but already have some doubts. In maya I can create a shelf panel, add some icons and integrate to my script. I´m trying to do it inside qt using buttons with icons but the result is very ugly. So, It´s possible to create these kind of special houdini panels with a qt interface? Somebody has some tutorials or docs about custom interfaces using python in houdini? I couldn´t find anything more than this Masterclass on vimeo.

Thanks

So you're asking about writing Toolbar in Qt or using houdini native Toolbar (Shelf)? Both can be done easily. Houdini Shelfs are customizable and scriptable, read houdini documentation.