selection tools behaves strange

Hi,

I created a box as a Polygon Mesh in houdini 13. After giving it some axis divisions I want to select only some Verts or Faces. But I really cant select anything what makes sense. When I create a selection frame around the whole object to select all faces,verts or edges it only select some randome faces. Is there a hidden parameter which controls this? I din´t find a solution for that  :wacko:

I compared it with the selection in houdini 14 and there everything is working as I would expect it to work. 

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

kind regards

Jonathan

post-12840-0-61535200-1427539878_thumb.j

I get the same problem,seems like H12 was OK, but then at some point this became an issue in H13. Restarting H usually works. Reloading the scene sometimes helps too. If you can reproduce it with any consistency, it might be worth reporting as a bug.

I don't think re-installing will help, it might though. My suspicion is that this somehow crept in, and it seems like it's only really noticeable with the modeling tools in SOPs, so if you're not modeling with houdini, specifically *interactive* modeling, i.e. not just working in the network view, then you may not notice it. I haven't done much with H14 yet, so hopefully it's no longer an issue.