C4D Alembic Camera to Houdini?

So I have a camera move in C4D with all my geometry and I'm trying to import this into Houdini.  My alembic animation comes in great using the Alembic node...but where is my camera? I just get the animated geometry? Im in a geometry node..do I need to make a camera node? Sorry for I'm noob!

-Bret

Well I'm stupid I figured it out. For anyone wondering, just use the File -> Import -> Alembic Sequence and select your ABC file. The camera will be inside the alembic objects. Awesome!

Also, be sure to dive into your Alembic camera's parameters to reset the aperture & the pixel aspect ratio to their correct values. For some reason, C4D doesn't handle this aspect of the alembic export correctly (I've already reported it to Maxon). 

Edited by LukeLetellier

I'd really recommend building a camera_rig that has as one of it's parameters a field that can accept an alembic file

then build a camera and just use the info from the abc file...

when importing an abc camera from Maya we have to scale the whole thing down - scaling cameras is a bad idea...when all you really want to do is scale the transforms...

look at:
Alembic extension functions

>> alembicGetCameraDict(abcPath, objectPath, sampleTime)

Cool, I was hoping  to test out some camera tracks from c4d to H and this is helpful, thanks!

Nice to see more C4D users exploring Houdini, can be daunting at times for me, heh.

Yes! I think there's going to be a lot of us incorporating Indie into our workflows. Can't beat the price/quality ratio. :)

Edited by LukeLetellier

Yea indie lic seems like a great deal. When the heck is he c4d engine comin out?

They're taking their time. Part of me wonders if R17 is (finally) going to have some sort of real volume integration into C4D, and they're planning to release it at that point. Otherwise,  smoke/pyro/volumes won't be able to integrate with C4D at all. Maybe it's some other R17 feature that will be key in interacting with the Houdini engine.

Otherwise, we'll wait until Stefan & co finish the Vray 3.0 integration, which will bring native VDB rendering.