Channel behaviour beyond the keyframes

Jason

Hi all,

It's been a small quite since I animated too much in Houdini using keyframes. Is it there a way (and I looked and couldn't find one) to set the behaviour of a keyframed channel beyond the extents? e.g. OutExtend = match(), InExtent = constant() or something. It seems like a good idea to have each channel know how to evalaute beyond its keyframes on either side. (No, not with CHOPs)

Thanks all,

Jason

hmmm..yeah...

the problem is that there isn't a segment after the last keyframe...so how do you tell Houdini what to do...

maybe an RFE would be to give keys themselves these functions...?

14523[/snapback]

Yeah, I was thinking that a channel could optionally carry this info and part of their intrinsic properties. And you could set it in the UI or with hscript like:

chextent /obj/geo t*  -in constant()  -out matchin()

The control for outside the regular range is already done in the latest baseline. Mike, you can ask Neil to show it to you if you want to drop by before you leave.

As for expressions on keys, you can do that in the channel editor S,V,A fields. I forget the exact syntax now but it would perform them on the selection right away. Again, I'd have to ask Neil. :)