sidewalk

eistan

hi all

i wanna to make sidewalk with uniform distribution my object and with right joints at the corners , but i dont know how. 

i use sweep or just polyframe node, anyway, with Resample node i have problem, if Resample by Polygon Edge is on, the corners is right, but distribution is not uniform, and if Resample by Polygon Edge is Off, all the way around (see the image)

Anyway, I want to make to curb fit to being close to the corner and do not stick out, but dont know how(

Or maybe someone saw working asset with sidewalk =)

post-12091-0-58776200-1436014521_thumb.j

post-12091-0-79033100-1436014523_thumb.j

What you probably want to do is carve up the primitives (carve node in breakpoint mode range between 0 and 1) after resampling, so each segment becomes its own primitive, then measure the perimeter of each prim using a measure node.

After that you want to scale the pieces by  comparing their size, compared to the measured primitive length, I would suggest using an attribute wrangle for this in primitive mode

What you probably want to do is carve up the primitives (carve node in breakpoint mode, range between 0 and 1) after resampling, so each segment becomes its own primitive, then measure the perimeter of each prim using a measure node.

After that you want to scale the pieces by  comparing their size, compared to the measured primitive length, I would suggest using an attribute wrangle for this in primitive mode

Edited by acey195

You may also want to try out the Refine node in "UnRefine" mode (set First U=0.0 and Second U = 1.0). Crank up the tolerance and you may be left with only the essential points that define your shape.