Pyro cache problem

Hi guys. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I have a problem with the cache of my pyro simulation. Every time i write the cache and check the "load from disk" option if i want to go on a random frame houdini start cooking and solving the frame (and the previous). To write the cache i choosed the "import_pyrofields" node and also the geometry file path (path/sim/pyro.$F.bgeo). What's wrong with what I am doing? I also want to clarify that the cache folder  contains the cache of all the frames. Thanks in advance for any type of help =)

Is your dopnet display flag active? Do you have another dop import is your current network (e.g. import_pyro_visualization) that is not set to "load from disk" and that might be selected, are connected to a displayed node? If not post your scene so we can take a look.

That's what I thought, your display flag is active on your dopnet (pyro_sim) and your viewport is set to "Ghost other objects". This means no matter where you are in houdini all nodes at object level are being computed and displayed.

You can then switch your viewport to "Hide other objects" or turn off the display flag of your dopnet. This will prevent you from cooking the whole scene every time you change frame.

esplosione_fixed.hipnc

• Like 1