question about lsystem

ykcosmo

I animated the generation of lsystem, but the lsystem didn't grow smoothly, seems that there was a pause!!!

14691[/snapback]

Hello,

I noticed the same problem. All I can say is that it's really bad if you define the lengths and widths in your rule. I don't know why this is so. Even if I just use the default l-system rule and animate the generations, you can see a slight pause as it increments. Hopefully some L-System gurus can shed some light on this area.

I did read The Algorithimic Beauty Of Plants but didn't find any clues in there with regards to this.

Sorry I can't be much help.

Rick

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

thought i'd finally fill in here and decided to throw this up on the wiki since the L-System section was lacking anyways..

hope this helps you out.. let me know if there's any problems with what i wrote and also feel free to edit and change..

also, if there are any other questions you would like to have answered in the FAQ there, post them and i'm sure there will be a few people taking a stab at it to help out.

thanks,

dave

http://www.odforce.net/wiki/index.php/L-Systems

• 3 weeks later...