water man Effects

Rio.Dominia

There is a lot of match move involved in this kind of fx. As soon as you have the geo in, it's a mater a getting cool shapes with forces, noises and what not. Depending of how tight the match move is, comp integration can also be tricky.

use you geo to emit your flip, <-easy right?

hi man, U just joking me :unsure: . I mean how to control the shape of the water, It's random but the shape keeps stable. 

I had make a little likey effects,But I just want more master guide about the more beautiful shape!

There is a lot of match move involved in this kind of fx. As soon as you have the geo in, it's a mater a getting cool shapes with forces, noises and what not. Depending of how tight the match move is, comp integration can also be tricky.

yes man. we all kown "the way to do this", But the hard is how to make it real!

The first thing I would try would be to advect either the vel field or the particles itself with a pyro sim.
Quick way to control and iterate. the main movement by just looking into a quick simulated pyro sim instead of alow-res flip sim.
Most of these motions actually look like a smoke sim.

At the end you will just have to experiment when to advect, when to let the gravity take over and so on

*Edit: And if you have fast moving objects like in the clip. Try simulating them in origo (more control and quicker). Thereafter transform them back in position using alembic X-form or matrix transformation or however you want 

I hope this help

Edited by Hudson

hi man, U just joking me :unsure: . I mean how to control the shape of the water, It's random but the shape keeps stable. 

I had make a little likey effects,But I just want more master guide about the more beautiful shape!

very easy to control the shape in houdini!

Edited by nran

for me that looks emiting as flip with air field, air resist, surface tension... from the geo uv map zones as texture. 

hope that helps

C

will, I'll try this, Thanks Carlos!  

I had tried to use the pyro advect the vel of the flip. Maybe the shape is little closer than this.

But,my  purpose is to reach the waterman effects in <<The Chronicles of Narnia:Prince Caspian>> , That's reaally more complex!

post-10781-0-62325000-1437135848_thumb.p

The first thing I would try would be to advect either the vel field or the particles itself with a pyro sim.

Quick way to control and iterate. the main movement by just looking into a quick simulated pyro sim instead of alow-res flip sim.

Most of these motions actually look like a smoke sim.

At the end you will just have to experiment when to advect, when to let the gravity take over and so on

*Edit: And if you have fast moving objects like in the clip. Try simulating them in origo (more control and quicker). Thereafter transform them back in position using alembic X-form or matrix transformation or however you want 

I hope this help

thanks man , Do u tried this way? I mean if u can attach a simple file, I will be thankful!

thanks man , Do u tried this way? I mean if u can attach a simple file, I will be thankful!

Nothing I can show up at the moment. I will see if I find the time to set-up a scene on the week-end.

What have you tried so far?

Here is a crude attempt.

I added a BIPED character and used it as a fluid source.

thanks for this file,But In the file I just saw u change the gravity value to -2.   In the film <<The Chronicles of Narnia:Prince Caspian>> the waterman, Please look at that effects. That's really complex.  The point is the shape is so good

To achieve waterman like Narnia you have to take in account alot of factors. First off is the scale, scale has to be real life so your sim might end being somewhat heavy. For the shape you can control the fluid velocity using point normals from the source geometry. You might have to edit those normals to look towards the direction you want the fluid to flow. For more intricate artistic controls like facial features, you might want to try using pumps to direct the fluid.

To achieve waterman like Narnia you have to take in account alot of factors. First off is the scale, scale has to be real life so your sim might end being somewhat heavy. For the shape you can control the fluid velocity using point normals from the source geometry. You might have to edit those normals to look towards the direction you want the fluid to flow. For more intricate artistic controls like facial features, you might want to try using pumps to direct the fluid.

yeah, I think ur point is pretty right !  But I don't have that strong cpu. hahaha .   So I tried so much way. include yours.  Just think it's not easy to reach the team work  may cost millon dollars effects ! 

So I will attach what I did in the vimeo next week.  Hope anyone can do better!

When I watched the video you posted, my first though was that the creators of the video simply tracked the footage then created some emitters in the rough shape of the arms, face, legs. They assigned the track points to the position of the rough models and used the rough models as fluid emitters. Here is a "fling" style fluid setup I found on the forum.

AP_FLING_FLUID.hipnc

• 1 year later...

I made a little more progress on this effect today. In this GIF I swapped out the box from the AP_FLING_FLUID .hip file with an animated .bgeo.sc sequence. The velocity is being derived using a timeshift and a trail for compute. So fluid only emits where there is higher velocity.

water_man-1.gif

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1