Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alexey Vanzhula

Houdini 16 Wishlist

553 posts in this topic

6-12 Months from now when H15 is actually out, im guessing this thread will be the default. 

So i guess if i make a suggestion im resigned to the fact i know it wont be in the next version. I'll bite.

Pose Space Deformers. Or a BCS (Blendshape Combination System) much like the one developed by daniel Pook Kolb. - http://www.stargrav.com/bcs.php

1 person likes this

A little premature me think.Houdini 15 isn't even out yet.

or perhaps it's just tempered expectations?  i'm guessing most wishlist items aren't tied to specific versions, they're things people have probably wanted to see in the software for a long time.

or perhaps it's just tempered expectations?  i'm guessing most wishlist items aren't tied to specific versions, they're things people have probably wanted to see in the software for a long time.

Still, we have no idea whats in store for H15 yet. Kind of bad manners to request stuff for H16 at this point, in my opinion.

1 person likes this

Yep. /It's what i would like to see and would be unrealistic to expect in the near future/next point release.

Edited by abvfx

looks like these threads have become a race to see who posts the wishlist first... I think I should create a Houdini 20 wishlist.. :)

4 people like this

1. GoZ for Houdini. There is a possibility to get GoZ SDK from Pixologic:

If you work with an application not listed above and want to add GoZ™ to it, please contact us for information on how to access our free GoZ™ SDK.

so it would be cool to see it implemented for Houdini.

2. LiveLink for Unreal and Unity, like the one Autodesk made for their StinkRay engine for Maya/Max.

3. Support for Nvidia Gameworks would be cool too.

Edited by fântastîque Mântragorîè

1, The most important is SPARSE FIELD (or VDB FIELD )in DOP 
2, More GPU Acceleration (GPU render) and Distributed GPU Acceleration 
3, Improved polyBevel algorithm 
4, Improved cookie algorithm 
5, PBD fluid ? 
6, multithreaded sop nodes (e.g. copy node foreach node and so on)

7,auto retopo tool

8,FBIK

9,add some import math tool, e.g. Pseudo inverse

10, FEM and FLIP can interact. and so on

11,Crowds and SOP: Improve PathFinding Algorithm

Edited by aty84122
add some new staff
4 people like this

looks like these threads have become a race to see who posts the wishlist first... I think I should create a Houdini 20 wishlist.. :)

Yup - at a guess they translate into affecting 1% (+/- 1%) of the next version/s...

Make asset shop that actually works.

Yesterday I couldn't even load Orbolt. Today I can't upload asset because some of some internal error (yes, I tried new version of Houdini build, the same story). Three other asset that I updated 3 ( or 4?) days ago are still not approved and I have already updated versions of them.

Update SideEffects forum and Orbolt. Don't use Houdini to make them. Hire actual Web Devs that know WTF they are doing.

Cheers!

Make asset shop that actually works.

Yesterday I couldn't even load Orbolt. Today I can't upload asset because some of some internal error (yes, I tried new version of Houdini build, the same story). Three other asset that I updated 3 ( or 4?) days ago are still not approved and I have already updated versions of them.

Update SideEffects forum and Orbolt. Don't use Houdini to make them. Hire actual Web Devs that know WTF they are doing.

Cheers!

i think that they are doing it now. otherwise they wouldn't have wanted feedback from the community for there new website: http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/forum.aspx?f=4

there is also a job post for web developers: https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2100&Itemid=210

In sneak peek I see primitives items in Edit SOP stil ignore soft radius. It is bad for new multiselection tweaking with Edit SOP.

Short:

Some kind of preset system for asset UI.

Expanded:

UI I made for asset in Houdini may not translate to good into Unity/UE4, so possibility to hide some parts that doesn't translate to good when loading it into any of those two would be cool. For example. Folders set to Simple when loaded into Unity are completely messed. But I may not need them in Unity, only parameters that they contain should be visible. But I also don't want to create two asset versions, one for Houdini and one for Realtime editors.

Edited by fântastîque Mântragorîè

Right click menu item to "Open in Image Viewer" for image parameters (textures, ROP outputs, etc.).

1 person likes this