Houdini 15 Sneak Peek

Not even done going through H14 yet. You know the feeling when the lectures are piling and you feel like you may just get an F...OK. When is the particle renderer à la Krakatoa coming? All this awesome particles sims and have to export to maya for krakatoa MY. Thanks for the toon though. Does it have line tapering? 

Why would you need to export particles to render in Krakatoa? Mantra can handle it! :)

If you've seen the way Krakatoa it does it you would understand. It's just designed for particles(a lot of them very fast) and I think Mantra could benefit from an optimization in that regard. They could just add to PBR, Micropolygon and raytracing something like "particles".

1 Million particles for example is what Krakatoa would take for snack and it's typical for particle sims to be in that number league and above.

If Mantra could have that, then who else would say what about Houdini particle show?

If you've seen the way Krakatoa it does it you would understand. It's just designed for particles(a lot of them very fast) and I think Mantra could benefit from an optimization in that regard. They could just add to PBR, Micropolygon and raytracing something like "particles".

1 Million particles for example is what Krakatoa would take for snack and it's typical for particle sims to be in that number league and above.

If Mantra could have that, then who else would say what about Houdini particle show?

We see these posts come and go all the time - unless you have hard figurers and test files to check against we usually conclude a lack of Mantra skills. You may be right but usually it's operator error.

so, you just said you´re not even done going through H14, but it´s our problem that we don´t know krakatoa, right? Right?...wrong.

Time to go back to your learning, I say.

What's the point of adding such ground-breaking features without covering them comprehensively in in-depth videos? I guess with each new H release SESI is like: Okay, so we've added these awesome tools, but let's have fun by not covering them properly in videos and watch the kids try to learn them by trial and error plucking their hair, beard and what not...and by the time they do, we'll release another new version and repeat the cycle.

• Like 2