Distributed Rendering problems.

thibh

Hi guys,

I'm doing the pipeline for a projects we'll be doing this year at university using Houdini.

I'm looking into distributed rendering using Mantra. I'm trying to use multiple computers to render one frame on my computer by using the -H flag in Mantra.

My mantra command looks something like mantra -H 320-A1,320-A2,320-A3 and so on.

However I always get the following error:

mantra: Host 320-A1: invalid version detected 0.0.0 (not 9.0.0).

mantra: No remote hosts are available for rendering.

I tried to query informations from another computer using hserver by doing hserver -h 320-A2 -l and it says "Authorization failed".

It looks like the computers have issues communicating with each others. I checked the 1714 and 1715 ports and they look fine.

We are currently Houdini 14.0.395, and the license server has the same version as our installed version of Houdini.

Do you guys have any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

We are running windows 7. We have several versions of Houdini installed, one on a Z server disk and the other one on the C:\program files.

When doing hserver -l, the server version and the houdini version are the same (14.0.395).

Most of the accounts we are using have no administrator privileges.

Thanks for your help!