Realistic Foam and foam transfer from tank to ocean surface

aespar

Hello ,

I'm working on project where ship is moving thru the ocean. I done splash tank sim for water surface , blend it on ocean surface. It's look like i want to look. But now i got problem , we all know when ship is moving he generate foam , bobbles  etc. So my problem is :

1) How in easy way foam from splash tank can go on ocean surface ? Or it's not possible in easy way ? Ofc i can make bigger splash tank , but it eat alot of time to render it, and ocean surface got possible to have or create foam. (if you got idea , tutorial , even hint what i can write in google to search it i will be thankful )

2) How make foam look realistic (in splash tank)  ? My foam look like Dish soap in sink .....    In dreams my foam look like on that test video :  

Even if you read it and don't write anything i say big THX for interest of my problem (most of my post is about problems .... Guy with problems .... so common .... )

Haha ha man your post made me crack up ....whatever :)

problem (most of my post is about problems .... Guy with problems .... so common .... )

well to answer your question , use particle liquid for foam generation, get your vdb in the foam bit to a lower value , then you would get dish soap look

good luck 

Haha ha man your post made me crack up ....whatever :)

problem (most of my post is about problems .... Guy with problems .... so common .... )

well to answer your question , use particle liquid for foam generation, get your vdb in the foam bit to a lower value , then you would get dish soap look

good luck 

Thx for idea , got little more question :D maybe i tell more about project :

I don't made big liquid tank , my tank is small and is moving with object. So that why i got little problems ( surface from liquid is blend on ocean surface) . Tell me please what is better idea ? Like mine ? Or like you can see on video :

Can you tell me on that video foam is created from liquid simulation ? Because i was think its impossible to get that look , and you need get it from ocean surface. So better change idea of project ? Or i can still fight for some nice look ?:)

I would recommend posting a video of your own results and an example .hip file demonstrating the results you are having trouble with in your simulations instead of posting videos of other artists' work; it would be easier for people to help you if they can see what you are seeing