Car modellinig

oddball2005

hey oddball2005

its hard to define the best way in houdini, cause its not really all that different.

use quickshade sop's and grids to load ur drawings or photos of the object. this can be used to setup a front and side view profile in houdini.

id start with a poly box and shape it into sections(edit sop), then start breaking the shapes it into parts, (ie doors etc) and start detailing them.

make sure u stay with quad poly's. strange things happen when u use subD if u bounce between tri's and quads. ;)

have u had any expierence in other 3D programs?

aracid :blink:

hey oddball2005

its hard to define the best way in houdini, cause its not really all that different.

use quickshade sop's and grids to load ur drawings or photos of the object. this can be used to setup a front and side view profile in houdini.

id start with a poly box and shape it into sections(edit sop), then start breaking the shapes it into parts, (ie doors etc) and start detailing them.

make sure u stay with quad poly's. strange things happen when u use subD if u bounce between tri's and quads.  ;)

have u had any expierence in other 3D programs?

aracid  :blink:

15221[/snapback]

No all of my experience is in houdini and thats limited!

15228[/snapback]

Im trying to model this car. see attached.

I cant seem to find a polybox in houdini. What are the difference between tri's and polys? I dont know how to set up tris?! I tried using loads of boxs and poly xtrusions and then subdividing but then it ended up lookng more like a boat than a car :huh:

15228[/snapback]

Im trying to model this car. see attached.

I cant seem to find a polybox in houdini. What are the difference between tri's and polys? I dont know how to set up tris?! I tried using loads of boxs and poly xtrusions and then subdividing but then it ended up lookng more like a boat than a car :huh:

In that tutorial i wouldnt even be able to make that hood, how do you do that, im a complete noob here?!? I need to be able to do a whole car...so better get thinking!

post-766-1101862093.jpg

I suppose NURBS might also be a candidate?

15232[/snapback]

You know, I love Houdini as much as anybody in here, but I don't think I'd want to model anything as complex as a car with its NURBS implementation. I think if you want to do NURBS proper, you need a dedicated modeler like Rhino.