Interested in making a tsunami wave effect help me (discussion)

mranosa

Hi guys

I was about to make an effect of high and huge tsunami waves but i am still confused about what is the best way to do this!

I tried a simple ocean wave and i played with the spectrum node then transferred the velocity of the ocean to the flip simulation and i got waves but i don't think is that is the best way to do this kind of simulations.

I tried a wave deforming way in vops but it ia still stretched and not very realistic and i can't transfer velocity as i get a crazy simulation!

Please to whoever is interested in this subject please help me :)

Thanks and sorry for my bad English

Another thing that i have a problem with the collisions between the flip and a static object

The collisions is calculated in some places and not in others!

I used volumes to calculate the collisions and however the collisions guide is fine, it is not working yet.

So many ways to do this but here's some ideas as I'm still moving over to Houdini and learning more everyday and I still really have no clue to what your final look requires.    

You could try getting your basic motion and main large bodies done via keyframe and or via sops then emit flip around that geometry.  Which may work.   Or you could try amping up the beach example to see what crazy results you can get through straight sims.

I'm sure other users can help out more if we can see what look you really need.

Maybe try the deforming object shelf tool then go in on the dop's and find the new node it creates and click off deforming.    Maybe post the hip as it makes it much easier to see whats going on. 

also try visualizing the collisions under the visualization tab on the flip solver itself.

this is the HIP file

i tried the collision under the flip and it is doing some collision in a very small areas but mostly it doesn't make any collision :D

the another thing is

Can u send me a simple hip file fot the deformer as it will be easier or even an image for it :D

scene wave03.hip

Edited by mranosa

i tried the waveform and it is amazing !!

i want to intergrate it with a flip simulation and it works in dops

i tried to apply it on the flip tank initial because it will import the points into dops but it gave me a very unusual thing :D the fluid doesn't move :D

Edited by mranosa