Point Instancing different objects. Get rid of overlapping objects?

I have forest/plant system done with point instancing using "instancefile" attribute on points (this tells mantra which geometry to load at render time). This part is working well, but now I'm seeking solution for deleting objects that overlap. They can have very different scales. I have also system for importing FBX-files and prosessing them to bgeo and creating those instancefile node/networks, so it's possible to save for example bbox size attribute from geometry to the point that represents it.

Here is example scene, this isn't the real system, I just created same kind of situation I have in real one, green nodes are "okey"  and violet ones represent the problem.

Run the "filecache" node to get objects needed in hip. 

Thank you!

...and then use pcfind() vex operation to detect overlaps, or even hijack the grain setup sop (can't remember which one off the top of my head) to relax your instance points to move out of the way of each other and/or shrink.  there's a foreach loop inside one of them that handle the relaxation if you can't make it digital asset work directly for your purposes.

• 1 month later...