Pmg Messiah link

Hello all.

My name is Juan Luis, people call me "Borrego".  Was not sure where to post this so i think  this was the best place. 

I am moving to houdini.. in my spare time, and although i have become more and more comfortable with it, yet  my productivity still remains low. Is not an easy transition and  frustration  plays hard. Particularly  when character rigging. I come from the Lightwave/modo/messiah background. Some years  ago  messiah had this  ability to "connect" to a host application, for example ( that i saw working good) in 3dmax / lightwave  you had your model in and then applied a "deformer", like any other, but this deformer  was a connection or "bridge" that launched messiah, and loaded your character, you rigged it, animated it all in messiah, and the deformation was carried  to the host application as  result of the "deformer" (messiah scene was saved embedded within other project scene) and you could continue  your  work in the host application. This workflow  was fantastic back in the time. But  later on  the support for this connection was lost.

To this date, I haven't  run into a better workflow for character rigging than messiah's. Last  year, was working on a test  with  a charater  in houdini, and  the rig frustration sky-rocketed.

Wonder if  there is any houdini programmer  around here that would like to take a look at this connection thing, (would it be possible to have an OTL?, that would be soo cool!) ) you can get the  connection open source code at the messiah download  page, at the bottom in the SDK section ( http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/download.html). I don't have much money but i am willing to pay for it, i know programming  time is  valuable, but  at the end i would like to make it free and available to anyone.

The last time i saw this  code being compiled/used  was for max was a while back, around 2011/2012 (here is the link: http://www.maxplugins.de/max2012.php?search=messiah&sort=Author )

Regards

Juan Luis Ruiz B.

a.k.a. Borrego

• 3 weeks later...

Pablo,

Thank you for getting back. I've spent the last two weeks exploring related PM and workflow tools and should say that the first one (https;//pyrus.com/) I've been advised is the best solution for my particular tools. Of course, we can all develop it from scratch, but why we need this as there are so many well done tools available on the market?

Edited by Riobi