Bullet: Activate on Collisions or Start Sleeping

myke3d

Hi guys, 

I've done a domino effect and I like it. But now I'm trying to use it on irregular terrain. I've had one simple solution that is like doing it in real live, I created some boxes on the bottom of each domino piece and it solved it.

But I want to know if it's possible to do a Activate on Collision solution that the first trigger touches the first piece and it becomes active and then touches the second piece and becomes active and so on.

Or at least a way to enable sleeping in the first frame and then it disables when something collides.

What I'm not looking for is a random attribute solution or a user defined map that enables the active state.

Hope you understand me.

Myke

Active_on_Colision.hipnc

If you're using H15, take a look at the Collision Attributes section of http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini15.0/nodes/dop/rbdpackedobject

You can set the objects to be initially inactive, and then use the min_activation_impulse and activation_ignore point attributes to let the solver activate the objects at the instant that a collision occurs.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...